What is the Colorado River Walkers club?
We are a local non-profit walking club in Austin, Texas. Our club is a member of AVA: America’s Walking Club. AVA is a national walking organization with local clubs all over the country. We promote walking for fun, fitness and friendship!
A Little About What We Do
- We put on walks in the Austin area that are open to the public.
- We organize around four walks per year.
- We participate in regular group walks.
About Our Club
The Colorado River Walkers club, AVA-077, TX-024, was founded in 1981 in Austin, Texas. Our club meets on the second Monday of each month at 6:30 PM to socialize and conduct club business. We frequently meet in the community meeting room upstairs in the H.E.B. store in the Mueller development. The address is: 1801 East 51st Street in Austin. Please see our Meetings page for this month’s meeting location.
Meeting Dates in 2021
- Monday, Jan 11 – meeting location is Central Market (4001 N Lamar), time is 3:00 pm
- Sunday, Feb 7- meeting location is Central Market (4001 N Lamar), time is 3:00 pm
- Sunday, Mar 7- meeting location is Central Market (4001 N Lamar), time is 3:00 pm
- Monday, Apr 12 – 6 pm at Eilers Park, next to Deep Eddy Pool at 401 Deep Eddy Ave, Austin 78703
- Monday, May 10 – 6 pm at Central Market (4001 N Lamar) on deck between Central Market and Mattress store. In case of rain, we’ll meet on the covered porch at Central Market.
- *** No Club Meeting in June ***
- Monday, Jul 12
- Monday, Aug 9
- Monday, Sep 13
- Monday, Oct 11
- Monday, Nov 8
- Monday, Dec 13
Club dues are $10.00 per year or $100.00 for a lifetime membership. All are welcome to join. Membership puts you on our email distribution list, so you stay informed about local and national Volksmarching events and issues.
For our membership application, please download the form below.