Colorado River Walkers
President Carol O. called the meeting to order at 3:05 pm at the Central Market upstairs dining area. There were 9 members present.
MINUTES: The 10/09/2023 meeting minutes were previously sent by e-mail and not read. The minutes were approved as sent.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Terry S. reported $2750.30 was on hand11/1/2023. A report of expenses and assets was presented and discussed. The CRW checking account is in process of being transferred to University Federal Credit Union. A thank you letter was received from AVA for the donation sent for the Big Give.
YRE REPORT: OCTOBER
Austin Historical – 1w
Lady Bird Lake – 1w
Georgetown – 4w
Belton – 1w
Fairview – 1w
Total = 11 x $3 = $33
Brushy Creek – 0w/0bike
Pflugerville – 1w
Salado – 1w
Round Rock – 1w
1. On 10/22/2023, Carol O. and Mary Z. manned at table at Pfluger Pfest as a way of letting area people know about CRW/AVA. A 5k walk was also offered. There was little participation and this activity is not recommended in the future.
2. The next CRW sponsored walk, East Austin Art, Culture, and Trails will be held 11/18/2023 with 6k and 10k routes. The start point will be The Victor Garza Community Center. Several walkers refined the routes during the past week. There will be other activities at both check points, Canopy (art) and Urban Roots (gardening/farming). These activities are not included in the CRW walks, but can be visited at a later time. A sign-in sheet was passed around for volunteers who would like to staff the walk.
1. A new time/day was selected for meetings – Sundays at 3 PM to allow members to attend during day light and non-working hours.
2. A discussion about a holiday celebration at our next meeting (12/10/2023) took place. CRW will have a short meeting followed by snacks and merriment. Terry S. will order snacks from Central Market and Larry will order wine. No presents will be exchanged.
3. Terry S volunteered to host an Opt Outside walk the day after Thanksgiving (11/24/2023). The Pflugerville YRE will be used. The start time will be 9am to 11 am.
UPCOMING EVENTS: For info, please see the AVA and CRW websites.
The meeting adjourned at 4:11 pm
Mary Z., Secretary