The picture above was taken along the route of the next walk our club will be hosting. It will be in East Austin on Saturday, November 18th.
Colorado River Walkers
President Carol O. called the meeting to order at 6:06 pm at the Central Market upstairs dining area. There were 7 members present.
MINUTES: The 9/11/2023 meeting minutes were previously sent by e-mail and not read. The minutes were approved as sent.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Terry S. reported $2156.05 was on hand08/30/2023. A report of expenses and assets was presented and discussed. A check for $75.50 was sent to the Community for Christ Church, the donation amount collected 9/23/2023 at the start point of the CRW walk event in the area. A check for $250 was sent to AVA for the Big Give.
YRE REPORT: SEPTEMBER
Austin Historical – 0w
Lady Bird Lake – 0w
Fairview Park – 1w
Georgetown – 0w
Belton – 0w
Brushy Creek – 0w/0 bike
Pflugerville – 0w
Round Rock – 0w
Salado – 0w
Total = 1 x $3 = $3
1. The last sponsored CRW walk event, Zilker Park Revisited, was enjoyed by 67 walkers. As noted in the Treasurer’s Report, the donations collected at the event were sent to the Community for Christ Church.
2. Carol O. and Larry J. continue working on the CRW Membership List. They are contacting members not current with their dues and life time members who have not participated in club activities in many years.
3. The last printed issue of The American Wanderer will be 12/2023. Subsequent issues will be electronic.
1. The next sponsored CRW walk, East Austin: Art, Culture, and Trails, will be held 11/18/2023. The start point will be at The Victor Garza Community Center. Six CRW members walked part of the tentative route on 10/07/2023. Other route possibilities were discussed.
2. The dates for walk events in 2024 are 2/24, 4/20, 9/28 and 11/16. Doug E. volunteered to develop the walk event on 4/20/2024, at Muir Lake in Cedar Park. Anyone who would like to develop a walk on the other dates, please contact Carol O.
3. Some AVA clubs continue to put on a walk the day after Thanksgiving. AVA will help advertise the walk. Anyone interested in hosting one of CRW’s YREs for this walk, please contact Carol O.
4. A big “Thank You” to Greg S. who responded to an article by the Austin American Statesman asking people what they liked about San Antonio. Greg responded with a well written response that referenced Volkssporting and other topics.
UPCOMING EVENTS: For info, please see the AVA and CRW websites.
The meeting adjourned at7:52 pm
Mary Z., Secretary