Colorado River Walkers
President Carol O. called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm at the Central Market upstairs dining area. There were 13 members present.
MINUTES: The 5/08/2023 meeting minutes were previously sent by e-mail and not read. The minutes were approved as sent.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Sam Harris reported $3143.39 was in the bank at this time.
YRE REPORT: MAY
Austin Historical – 1w
Lady Bird Lake – 0w
Fairview Park – 0w
Georgetown – 0w
Belton – 0w
Brushy Creek – 0w/0bike
Pflugerville – 2w
Round Rock – 2w
Salado – 1w
Total = 6w x $3 = $18
Austin Historical – 4w
Lady Bird Lake – 27w
Fairview Park – 1w
Georgetown – 4w
Belton – 2w
Brushy Creek – 3w/0bike
Pflugerville – 0w
Round Rock – 4w
Salado – 2w
Total = 47w (two coupons) x $3 = $135
YREs have been updated, except Georgetown, Salado, Belton, to include the new Special Programs of Labyrinths and Step to he Beat (music venues).
1. Vacant offices of vice-president and treasurer postponed from May now have candidates willing to fulfill the positions:
a. Teresa A. Sullivan has agreed to assume the position of Treasurer. Stephanie Knight moved that Teresa A (Terry) Sullivan be elected to the position of Treasurer of the Colorado River Walkers for a term of one year to end June 30, 2024. The motion was seconded by Mike Frew. The vote of thirteen present members was unanimous.
In addition, Sam Harris proposed that he could replace Charles Rogers as the second signatory for banking purposes. A motion was made by Stephanie Knight to have Sam Harris assume this role. The motion was seconded by Charles Rogers. The vote of thirteen members present was unanimous.
b. Deb Peak has agreed to assume the position of Vice President. Stephanie Knight moved that Deb Peak be elected to the position of Vice President of the Colorado Rivers Walkers for a term of one year to end June 30, 2024. The motion was seconded by Mary Zeitler. The vote of thirteen members present was unanimous.
2. The Sun Rise walk held 6/24/2023 was enjoyed by 26 walkers.
3. The AVA Convention was held virtually in June. Three CRWs were recognized for their contribution to our club: Stephanie Knight, Meritorious Award, Deb Peak, Commendable Award, Linda Dennis, Commendable Award.
4. Two new Special Programs to start on 01/01/2024 are Labyrinths and Step to the Beat.
1. The next CRW sponsored walk will be 9/23/2023. The Zilker Neighborhood area has been selected. A walk in that area was last done in 2015. The Start Point will be at the Communities of Christ Church. The donations collected at the walk will be donated to the Church for its weekly function of feeding the homeless.
2. The next CRW sponsored walk after that will be 11/18/2023. If anyone is interested in developing this walk, contact Carol Obianwu.
3. The CRW membership list is not current and needs to be updated.
Deb Peak – 750 events
UPCOMING EVENTS: For info, please see the AVA and CRW websites.
The Meeting adjourned at7:00 pm.
Mary Zeitler, Secretary
Following the meeting, a Thank You party was held for Sam Harris for contributing 18 years of accurate and timely work as Treasurer of the Colorado River Walkers. Your duties carried out are much appreciated! All present enjoyed the tasty carrot cake in celebration.
In addition, Happy Birthday was sung to Greg Sells in recognition of his upcoming birthday in a few days.
Happy Birthday, Greg.