We thank Charley Watt, Jr., for sending us the beautiful picture above. He took the picture at the Oblate School of Theology walk in San Antonio on May 6th.
Colorado River Walkers
President Carol O. called the meeting to order at 6:10 pm at the Central Market upstairs dining area. There were 8 members present.
MINUTES: The 4/10/2023 meeting minutes were previously sent by e-mail and not read. The minutes were approved as sent.
TREASURER’S REPORT: A treasurer’s report was not submitted.
YRE REPORT: APRIL
Austin Historical – 4w
Lady Bird Lake – 2w
Fairview Park – 1w
Georgetown – 8w
Belton – 0w
Brushy Creek – 0w/0bike
Pflugerville – 0w
Round Rock – 0w
Salado – 0w
Total = 15w x $3, $2 award = $47
a. Discussed putting all YREs on OSB as well as having an on-site location. The Georgetown YRE location has changed opening times to 10:00 am, too late to start walking, especially in the warmer months. The start location could be changed to a different location to accommodate an earlier start time seven days a week or the OSB could be utilized.
b. Carol O. will contact AVA regarding changing the Georgetown YRE to an OSB.
c. The construction of the area on the north side of the Capitol to MLK street and Blanton Museum of Art has been completed. The directions for the Capitol YRE are being revised to include the changes.
1. Election of officers for the next year was not addressed as Larry J., who is in charge of this, was not able to attend the meeting. Deb P volunteered to be the VP and Terry S. expressed interest in being the Treasure, but will be out of the area much of next year. Sam will orient the new treasurer. Anyone who would like to volunteer for either position, or any other position, contact Larry J.
2. No one responded to the request to write an article for the TAW.
3. The next CRW sponsored walk will be 9/23/2023. The Zilker Neighborhood area is being considered. A walk in that area was last done in 2015. A volunteer is needed to develop and take charge of the walk. Please let Carol O. know if you are interested.
1. A Sun Rise walk was discussed. It will be held on 6/24/2023 again using the Lady Bird Lake YRE since there was a good response to that location in the past.
2. There will be a partial eclipse of the sun on 10/14/2023 that will be visible in the central Texas area. San Antonio is developing a walk to celebrate the event. A total eclipse visible in mid America will take place in 2024.
3. If anyone is interested in leading a group walk of one of CRWs YREs, please contact Carol O. Sun City in Georgetown is having a public event for Memorial Day on 5/29/2023 that could possibly be used for a group walk using the Georgetown stamp.
NO MEETING IN JUNE
UPCOMING EVENTS: For info, please see the AVA and CRW websites.
The Meeting adjourned at7:20 pm
Mary Z., Secretary