The picture above was taken at our April club meeting. Seated (left to right) are Mary Z., Carol O. and Stephanie K., with Greg S. standing.
Colorado River Walkers
President Carol O. called the meeting to order at 6:10 pm at the Central Market upstairs dining area. There were 5 members present.
MINUTES: The 3/13/2023 meeting minutes were previously sent by e-mail and not read. The minutes were approved as sent.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Sam H. emailed a report of a total of $3,396.55 in the checking account at this time. Sam H. sent a $100 check to Ecology Action as approved at the 3/13/2023 meeting.
YRE REPORT: MARCH
Austin Historical – 56w
Lady Bird Lake – 11w
Fairview Park – 2w
Georgetown – 0w
Belton – 1w
Brushy Creek – 0w/0bike
Pflugerville – 3w
Round Rock – 0w
Salado – 4w
Total = 77w x $3, $4 award = $235
a. Discussed putting all YREs on OSB as well as having an on-site location.
b. The lack of participation in the Georgetown YRE may be due to the change in operating hours of the Visitor Center from 9:00 am to 10:00 am.
1. Election of officers for the next year was not addressed as Larry J., who is in charge of this, was not able to attend the meeting. The slate of officers will be presented at the May 2023 meeting. CRW is in need of a Vice President and Treasurer as those currently in those positions will not be able to serve next year. Anyone who would like to volunteer for either position, or any other position, contact Larry J.
2. National Walking Week took place April 1-7. In recognition, Deb P. led a group walk in Georgetown on April 5 that featured art installations around town. There were seven participants.
3. The next CRW sponsored walk event will be 4/15/2023 at Boggy Creek Trail and starts at the Conley- Guerrero Senior Activity Center. The routes had recently been walked by Charles R. Mary D. and Mike F. to fine tune the directions. A sign-up sheet was passed around for volunteers who wished to help staff the walk.
1. Articles are being accepted for the TAW. The subject can be on anything related to volkssporting. The next deadline for submitting an article is 4/25/2023.
2. The next dates for CRW sponsored walks are 9/23/2023 and 11/18/2023. Both are in need of a volunteer to develop and take charge of each walk. Please let Carol O. know if you are interested.
2. There will be no meeting held in June.
UPCOMING EVENTS: For info, please see the AVA and CRW websites.
The Meeting adjourned at7:00 pm
Mary Z., Secretary