In the picture above, Colorado River Walkers Deb Peak (left) and Nelli Aguirre enjoyed a San Antonio walk last month. The photo was shared with us by Martin Callahan.
Colorado River Walkers
President Carol O. called the meeting to order at 6:07 pm at the Central Market upstairs dining area. There were 7 members present.
MINUTES: The 2/12/2023 meeting minutes were previously sent by e-mail and not read. The minutes were approved as sent.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Sam H. e-mailed a report of a total of $3,260.56 in the checking account at this time.
YRE REPORT: FEBRUARY
Austin Historical – 15w
Lady Bird Lake – 2w
Fairview Park – 5w
Georgetown – 0w
Belton – 3w
Brushy Creek – 1w/0bike
Pflugerville – 4w
Round Rock – 3w
Salado – 4w
Total = 37w x $3, $2 donation, $2 award = $115
A new Special Program, Labyrinths, is being established to begin 1/2024. If anyone knows of a labyrinth close to one of our YREs, please let Carol O. know. The YRE can be amended and included in the YRE for 2024.
1. Carol O. acknowledged and thanked all the members who volunteered to staff various functions at the Olympiad/IML events in San Antonio in February.
2. The CRW sponsored walk held 3/4/2023 was well received by 64 participants. There were many positive comments about the route. Donations of $91.00 were received, mainly due to the delicious sausages prepared by Rick M. and Larry J. Because Circle Acres/Ecology Action was included in the walk, Carol O. suggested that a donation be made in their behalf. After discussion, a motion was made to make a donation of $100. The motion passed unanimously.
3. San Marcos is closing their AVA club. Carol O. was contacted and asked if CRW would take over their 2 YREs. After discussion, it was decided to decline the offer.
4. National Walking Week will take place April 1-7. A walk may take place on one or all of the days. After discussion, Deb P. volunteered to lead a group walk on Wednesday April 5, 2023. The walk will start at 9:30am at the Georgetown Visitors Center.
1. The next CRW sponsored event will be 4/15/2023 at the Boggy Creek Trail. Seven walkers checked the tentative route on 3/11/2023. Flyers are in process.
2. Elections of officers for the coming year will be held at the May meeting. Larry J. is in charge of contacting members regarding becoming a CRW officer. Stephanie K. stated that she would no longer be able to be the Vice President, but would continue being the CRW Webmaster. Anyone who would like to volunteer to be an officer, please call Larry J.
3. There will be no meeting held in June.
Nelli Aguirre – 200 events
Debra Galloway – 575 events.
UPCOMING EVENTS: For info, please see the AVA and CRW websites.
The Meeting adjourned at7:03 pm
Mary Z., Secretary