Several Colorado River Walkers attended the walks in Boerne during the semi-annual TVA walking weekend February 3-5. Deb Peak participated, and she shared the picture above which she took on one of the walks. There’s a lot to see in Central Texas!
Colorado River Walkers
President Carol O. called the meeting to order at 1:15 pm at the Central Market upstairs dining area. There were 9 members present.
MINUTES: The 1/08/2023 meeting minutes were previously sent by e-mail and not read. The minutes were approved as sent.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Sam H. e-mailed a report of a total of $2889.35 in the checking account at this time.
YRE REPORT: JANUARY
Austin Historical – 8w
Lady Bird Lake – 6w
Fairview Park – 1w
Georgetown – 2w
Belton – 2w
Brushy Creek – 0w/0bike
Pflugerville – 3w
Round Rock – 4w
Salado – 2w
Total = 28w x $3, $1 donation = $85
If you walk any of CRW’s YREs and find any route changes that need to be made, please let Carol O. know.
1. The semi-annual TVA walk weekend and meeting was held in Boerne 2/3-5/2023. Helen Hull will be stepping down as the Southwest Regional Director. Susan Medlin has volunteered to fulfill the position, but other people are encouraged to volunteer for SW Regional Director as well as positions in TVA. Carol O., Nelli A., Deb P. and Greg S. attended the meeting and completed some or all of the walks.
2. The next sponsored CRW walk will be held 3/4/2023 at Roy G. Guerrero Colorado River Metro Park. Routes have been developed and particulars were discussed. An assignment sheet for volunteers who would like to help man the walk was passed around. Because 3/4/2023 is also My Park Day, a specific area cannot be rented. Larry J. has agreed to prepare sausages for sale. A donation box will be put in that area.
3. The Olympiad/IML events in San Antonio are fast approaching. In conjunction with these events, two groups will be coming to Austin to walk a CRW YRE:
a. Saturday, February 18, a group from Germany and France will walk the Capitol route. Helen H., AVA Southwest Regional Director, will lead the group with assistance from Linda D., Debra G., and Nelli A.
b. Walking Adventures International will be in Austin on Sunday, February 26, as part of their Heart of the South Tour. They will walk the Capitol route. Deb P. will assist with registration.
Many volunteers are needed for various tasks for the Olympiad/IML. Call AVA or sign up on line, if you would like to help. As in past years, CRW has volunteered to staff the checkpoint at River Rest near Mission Espada with Carol O., Rozy W., and Deb P. assisting with the 42km walkers on Sat. 25.
4. The next CRW sponsored walk will be 4/15/2023. Possibly the Boggy Creek Green Belt and East Austin Walk presented in 2018 could be repeated.
1. Carol O. thanked Sam H. for keeping the Treasury information up to date with all reports sent in correctly and on time. Thanks Sam, for a job well done!
2. Next month, day light savings time will begin. CRW meeting will again be held on Monday evenings.
UPCOMING EVENTS: For info, please see the AVA and CRW websites.
The Meeting adjourned at 2:25 pm
Mary Z., Secretary