Colorado River Walkers
President, Carol O. called the meeting to order at 3:10 pm at Central Market upstairs dining area. There were 9 members present.
MINUTES: The 11/12/2022 meeting minutes were previously sent by e-mail and not read. The minutes were approved as sent.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Sam H. e-mailed a report of a total of $2944.45 in the checking account at this time.
YRE REPORT: NOVEMBER
Austin Historical – 6w
Lady Bird Lake – 1w
Fairview Park – 1w
Georgetown – 1w
Belton – 0w
Brushy Creek – 3w/0bike
Pflugerville – 1w
Round Rock – 1w
Salado – 2w
Total = 16w x $3 = $48
1. The CRW sponsored walk, Onion Creek Neighborhood, was held on 11/19/2022. Stephanie K. thanked all workers and the 24 walkers who persevered on a cold and rainy day. Despite the inclement conditions, the walkers enjoyed the routes and it was suggested that this walk be repeated in the future.
2. The New Year is fast approaching and it is time to fine tune CRW’s YREs in regard to added programs, deleted programs, and route changes. Please report any needed changes to Carol O. Sam distributed the stamps for the 2023 YREs so that they can be in place for 1/1/2023.
1. Walk dates for the first half of 2023 are March 4 and April 15. The walks need someone to develop each walk. If interested, please contact Carol O.
2. The IVV Olympiad and IML Texas Trail Roundup are fast approaching. Volunteers are needed for various tasks.. Call AVA or sign up on line if you would like to volunteer. In conjunction with the Olympiad and Texas Trail Roundup, two groups will be visiting Austin to walk some of our YREs:
a. Saturday, February 18, a group from Germany and France will walk the Capitol route.
b. Walking Adventures International will be in Austin on Saturday, February 26, as part of their Heart of the South Tour. They will walk the Capitol route.
Anyone interested in helping either of these events, please contact Carol O.
3. CRW needs to consider transferring our YREs to the computer Online Start Box system (OSB). This enables walkers to sign up and get directions on line at any time and eliminates the need for a physical location for the Walk Box. This system could be incrementally implemented. Please call Carol O if you would like to take on this project.
UPCOMING EVENTS: For info, please see the AVA and CRW websites.
Rosie Pitner – 30 events
Mary Daugherty – 75 events
Charles – 275 events; 2,500 kilometers
Greg Sells – 15,000 kilometers
The Meeting adjourned at 4:00 pm
Mary Z., Secretary