Colorado River Walkers
President, Carol O., called the meeting to order at 6:01 pm at Central Market upstairs dining area. There were 11 members present.
MINUTES: The 09/12/2022 meeting minutes were previously sent by e-mail and not read. The minutes were approved as sent.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Sam H. e-mailed a report of a total of $3352.00 in the checking account at this time. Next month, two large bills will be paid: the web-site and post office box A $250 donation was made to AVA last month.
YRE REPORT: SEPTEMBER
Austin Historical – 3w
Lady Bird Lake – 0w
Fairview Park – 2w
Georgetown – 6w
Belton – 2w
Brushy Creek – 0w/0bike
Pflugerville – 1w
Round Rock – 5w
Salado – 2w
Total = 21w x $3, donations $2 = $65
1. A CRW sponsored walk event was held 9/24/2022 at Berry Springs Park. In sweltering heat, Stephanie K. and Deb P. marked the routes on Fri. evening before the walk. After the walk on Sat., Greg S. and Deb P. retrieved them all. A big THANKS to them. There were 52 walkers who enjoyed the routes and Park. CRW received $44 in donations.
2. The next CRW sponsored walk, Onion Creek Neighborhood, will be held on 11/19/2022. Stephanie K. is developing this walk. The flyer has been completed as well as the 6k route. Stephanie is seeking a volunteer to help her in mapping out the 10k route. Contact Stephanie if you would like to assist. The date for the worker’s walk will be determined later.
3. The last AVA Webinar discussed the establishment of a new AVA Special Program, Washington- Rochambeau Trail that goes between Rhode Island and Virginia. A digital way to access the directions and map is being developed. The new system will be tested later this year during the Freedom Walk Festival in Arlington VA.
4. Two CRW members, Linda D. and Debra G., took part in the weekend of walks at Colorado Bend State Park. Linda reported that the some of the walks were very difficult, but with great effort she was able to complete them all.
1. A TVA meeting will be held in Sulphur Springs during a weekend of walks, 11/11-13/2022. Agenda items will include election of a new President and completion of the walk calendar for 2024. In the event she will not be able to attend, Carol O. is seeking a back-up to be the CRW delegate. If you are planning to go to Sulphur Springs and would be able to represent CRW, please contact Carol O.
2. Opt Outdoors Day is scheduled for the day after Thanksgiving, Fri. 11/25/2022. In past years one of CRW’s YRES has been featured. If anyone would like to volunteer to develop this event, please contact Carol O.
3. On conclusion of the 18th IVV Olympiad and the IML Texas Trail Roundup in San Antonio, Walking Adventures International is scheduled to begin their Heart of the South tour. Their first stop will be in Austin on 02/27/2023 for the Capital walk. They will be staying at a downtown hotel where they will begin their walk. A few volunteers may be needed to help register participants and stamp books.
UPCOMING EVENTS: For additional info, please see the AVA and CRW websites.
The Meeting adjourned at 7.00 PM
Mary Z., Secretary