Colorado River Walkers
CALL TO ORDER: Carol O., president, called the meeting to order at 6:05 pm at the Central Market upstairs dining area. There were 11 members present.
MINUTES: The 07/11/2022 meeting minutes were previously sent by e-mail and not read. The minutes were approved with one correction. Under New Business, #4, 3 feather banners were corrected to 1 feather banner.
Deb P. volunteered to house the new banner.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Sam H. e-mailed a report of a total of $3356.00 in the checking account at this time.
YRE REPORT: JULY
Austin Historical – 0w
Lady Bird Lake – 29w
Fairview Park – 0w
Georgetown – 0w
Belton – 0w
Brushy Creek – 0w/0bike
Pflugerville – 0w
Round Rock – 1w
Salado – 0w
Total = 28w (2coupon) x $3 = $84
1. The next sponsored CRW walk event will be 9/24/2022 at Berry Springs Park. Deb P., who is in charge of the walk has rented the pavilion, completed the flyer and is in process of completing the walk directions. Stephanie K. will take flyers to the walk in San Antonio on 6/13/2022 for distribution to area walks. There will be a need for volunteers at the walk. An e-mail will be sent for signup. The date for the worker’s walk has not been decided.
2. At the last meeting, it was decided not to renew the Bike YRE in Cedar Park due to lack of participation in 2021. Doug E. requested that the YRE not be discontinued as it is an important AVA activity. He donated funds to cover the expenses for 2022 and 2023. A vote was taken and unanimously passed to continue the YRE. Thank you, Doug.
3. Stephanie K. researched and discussed the directions for the new computer system for renewal of YREs. She will complete renewal of the YREs. New Special Programs to be added to directions this year are IVV Americas (requires a separate record book and applies to all AVA, Canadian, and Oceania walks), Lighthouses, which does not apply to any CRW walks, and Par Courses which apply to all CRW walks. In additions, a second point of contact will be added to directions.
4. A person to develop the walk event scheduled for 11/19/2022 is needed. If you are interested, please call Carol O.
5. The Big Give fundraiser is coming up. Donations may be made online from 6 PM on Thursday Sept. 22 through 6 PM Friday, Sept. 23. The Big Give website (thebiggivesa) opens Sept 15 for early giving. Search for AVA American’s Walking Club. You may also send a donation check to the AVA National Office now through Oct. 31. CRW voted to donate $250.00 to the Big Give.
1. Many volunteers will be needed for the 18th IVV Olympiad and IM Texas Trail Roundup in San Antonio.
Help will be needed at checkpoints as well as various other planned activities. CRW may be asked to help. Members may call the AVA Nation Headquarters for more information and to volunteer on an individual basis. An AVA meeting will also be held in lieu of the biannual convention. CRW was asked whether the Club would like to sponsor a gratis table to showcase the Club activities at the event. A vote was taken and unanimously failed.
2. The Next TVA meeting will be held in Sulfur Springs 11/11 – 13/2022. Two walk events and several YREs will be available.
3. The West Texas Walkers will sponsor three days of walks at Colorado Bend State Park on 10/7-9/2022. The Park is near Lampasas.
4. The AVA monthly Webinar will take place 8/17/2022 at 7 PM via Zoom. Please see the August Checkpoint to sign up.
UPCOMING EVENTS – See the AVA and CRW websites.
Mary Z., Secretary