The picture above was taken at our CRW May meeting by Linda D. Left to right are Carol O., Stephanie K., Kathy T., Greg S., Mary Z., and Doug E.
Colorado River Walkers
CALL TO ORDER: Carol O., president, called the meeting to order at 6:10 pm at Central Market upstairs dining area. There were 9 members present. A guest, Kathy Taylor, was welcomed by the club members.
MINUTES: The 04/11/2022 meeting minutes were previously sent by e-mail and not read. The minutes were approved as sent.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Sam H. e-mailed a report of a total of $3,843.89 in the checking account at this time.
YRE REPORT: APRIL
Austin Historical – 5w
Lady Bird Lake – 2w
Fairview Park – 0w
Georgetown – 8w
Belton – 2w
Brushy Creek – 0w/0bike
Pflugerville – 4w
Round Rock – 2w
Salado – 2w
Total = 25w (1coupon) x $3 = $72
The San Marcos Recreation Center is now open and the San Marcos Rivers Walkers YRE walk box is again available for use.
1. Eighty-five walkers participated in the CRW sponsored walk event, Artistic Bastrop and the El Camino Real de los Tejas held on 4/30/2022. Thanks to Greg for placing an advertisement in the Austin Chronicle. A big thank you to all the CRW members who staffed the walk. And a special thanks to Nelli A. who provided tasty sandwiches and other snacks for the workers’ lunch.
2. The next CRW sponsored walk event will be held on 9/24/2022. Deb Peak will be in charge of the development of this walk.
3. The last walk sponsored by CRW in 2022 will be on Nov.19. There is a need for a leader to develop this walk. If interested contact Carol O.
4. There are dates open for group walks of one of CRW’s YREs or an exploratory walk at an interesting place. Please contact Carol O. if you are interested in leading such a walk.
5. A Sunrise event walk sponsored by CRW will be held on July 2, 2022. Because the walk held last year around Lady Bird Lake was successful, this route will be repeated again this year.
1. If anyone purchases supplies used for CRW activities, please provide an account of and receipts for such items to Sam H. for reimbursement. Since CRW is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, no taxes will be applied to purchases if the CRW tax exempt number is provided the merchant at the time of purchase.
2. The officers for the coming year will remain the same as last year: Carol O., President; Stephanie K., Vice President; Sam H., Treasurer; Mary Z, Secretary: Linda D., YREs: Larry J., Membership.
- 5/14/2022 – San Antonio – Lady Bird Johnson Park Trail Head. featured YRE
- 5/20/2022 – San Antonio– Beethoven Walk
- 05/28/2022 – Bandera – Featured YREs
- 06/11/2022 – Fredericksburg – Founder’s Walk YRE
- 06/12/2022 – Kyle – AmVets Walk Event
- 07/02/2022 – Austin – Sunrise Walk – Lady Bird Lake
For more information please see the AVA and CRW web-sites.
The Meeting adjourned at 7:20 pm.
Mary Z., Secretary