Colorado River Walkers
CALL TO ORDER: Carol O., president, called the meeting to order at 6:17pm at Central Market upstairs dining area. There were 12 members present. A new member, Andrew Butler, was welcomed to the club.
MINUTES: The 03/14/2022 meeting minutes were previously sent by e-mail and not read. The minutes were approved as sent.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Sam H. e-mailed a report of a total of $3,497.99 in the checking account at this time.
YRE REPORT: MARCH
Austin Historical – 17w
Lady Bird Lake – 5w
Fairview Park – 4w
Georgetown – 2w
Belton – 7w
Brushy Creek – 0w/0bike
Pflugerville – 4w
Round Rock – 2w
Salado – 3w
Total = 44w x$3 = $132
1. The outcomes of the CRW walks held during National Walking Week were as follows:
- Georgetown held 4/5/2022 – 8 walkers;
- Pflugerville held 4/7/2022 – 4 walkers.
Because of the low turnout for these events, participation in this activity next year will be reevaluated.
2. The next CRW sponsored walk event, Artistic Bastrop and the El Camino Real de los Tejas, will be held on 4/30/2022. Flyers have been distributed. Carol O. reviewed an updated map of the 5km and 10km routes. A worker’s walk will be held on Friday, 4/15/2022, starting at the City Library parking lot at 9am. A signup sheet was passed around for those who would like to volunteer to staff the walk. Those who have not signed up and would like to volunteer, please contact Carol O. On the day of the walk, a used book sale and plant sale will also be taking place in the parking lot. However, the lot has sufficient space to accommodate everyone.
1. Deb P. has volunteered to take charge of the CRW walk event scheduled for 9/24/2022.
2. Kyle AMVETS Walkers, a new club, will sponsor their first walk event on Sunday, 6/12/2022.
3. The Sunrise Walk this summer is scheduled for 7/2/2022. This date may be changed as it is so close to the holiday on July 4.
4. A letter was received from an AVA member strongly recommending that all YREs be accessible via the On Line Start Box. This issue will be discussed by the next YRE renewal date.
- April 16, 2022 – Easter Walk, Comfort
- April 20 – 25, 2022 – Weekend of walks in NewMexico
- April 23, 2022 – Walk in NewBraunfels
For more information, please see the AVA web-site.
The Meeting adjourned at 7:10 pm.
Mary Z., Secretary