The spring weather this month has made March a good time to be out walking. Colorado River Walker Stephanie K. enjoyed the “Pi Day” walk at Eisenhower Park in San Antonio on Monday, March 14th, and is pictured above on that walk. Left to right are Gayle W., Stephanie K. with Rudy, Tina B. and John B. with Dolly. Photo courtesy of Martin Callahan.
Colorado River Walkers
CALL TO ORDER: Carol O., president, called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm at Central Market upstairs dining area. There were 9 members present.
MINUTES: The 02/14/2022 meeting minutes were previously sent by e-mail and not read. The minutes were approved as sent.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Sam H. e-mailed a report of a total of $3,546.71 in the checking account at this time.
YRE REPORT: FEBRUARY
Austin Historical – 8w
Lady Bird Lake – 3w
Fairview Park – 2w
Georgetown – 0w
Belton – 2w
Brushy Creek – 0w/0 bike
Pflugerville – 0w
Round Rock – 2w
Salado – 0w
Total = 15w, $1 donation = $46
1 A CRW walk event was held 02/26/2022 at McKinney Falls State Park. Thirty-three walkers braved the cold and misty day to enjoy a great walk. The event was advertised in the Austin Chronicle, thanks to Greg S.
2. April 1 -7 has been designated National Walking Week. In recognition, Deb P. will host the Georgetown YRE on Tuesday, April 5. She will assist with registration from 9:15 am – 9:30 am. On Thursday, April 7, Mary Z. will host the YRE in Pflugerville. She will assist with registration from 9:00 am – 11:00 am.
3. The CRW sponsored walk event, Artistic Bastrop and the El Camino Real de los Tejas, will be held in Bastrop on 04/30/2022. Participants will park at the City Library and walk to the Start Point at the park at Fisherman’s Wharf. Restrooms are located at the park. Carol O. reviewed the potential 6km and 10km routes.
4. The two CRW sponsored walks in the fall, 9/24/2022 and 12/19/2022, are in need of someone to take charge and develop these upcoming events. Please let Carol O. know if you are interested.
1. The monthly AVA Zoom meeting will be held Wednesday 3/16/2022 at 7 pm. The topic will be the new ERS system. The old legacy system has been phased out. The latest issue of the Checkpoint provides directions to sign up for the meeting.
2. There are many interesting events coming up in the next 6 weeks:
- March 19, 2022 – Center Point. Stephanie K. has 3 spots in her car for anyone wanting to car pool. Please contact Stephanie for more information.
- March 26, 2022 – Crownridge Canyon, San Antonio.
- April 2, 2022 – Tour de Castroville, Castroville
- April 9, 2022 – Caminada de Fiesta, San Antonio.
- April 16, 2022 – Easter Walk, Comfort
- April 20 – 25, 2022 – Weekend of walks in New Mexico
- April 23, 2022 – Walk in New Braunfels
For more information please see the AVA website.
Mark S. – 50 events
Georgia X. – 150 events
Nelli A. – 175 events
Mary Z. – 500 and 525 events
Mary Z. – 5,500 km distance
The Meeting adjourned at 7:10 pm.
Mary Z., Secretary