Colorado River Walkers
CALL TO ORDER: Carol O., president, called the meeting to order at 6:15 pm at Central Market upstairs dining area. There were 11 members present.
MINUTES: The 01/10/2022 meeting minutes were previously sent by e-mail and not read. The minutes were approved as sent.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Sam H. e-mailed a report of a total of $3,297.71 in the checking account at this time.
YRE REPORT: JANUARY
Austin Historical – 2w
Lady Bird Lake – 1w
Fairview Park – 1w
Georgetown – 2w
Belton – 2w
Brushy Creek – 3w/0 bike
Pflugerville – 1w
Round Rock – 2w
Salado – 1w
Total = 15w, 1 award = $47
Carol O. discussed the year end statistics from 2021 YRE logs and a report submitted by Charles R. There was a slight discrepancy between the logs and the report. 2021 YRE’s were in line with previous years. All YRE’s are renewed for 2022. The bike YRE had no participants in 2021 and will be reevaluated for renewal for 2023.
1 The big Texas Trail Roundup/IML events in San Antonio are coming up this weekend, 2/18 – 20/2022, with walks from 5km to 42km. Registration is at the Sons of Hermann Hall in downtown San Antonio. Parking is available in a City lot near-by for $5.00. Carol O. and Terri H. will man the Check Point, River Rest, near Mission Espada.
2. The next CRW walk event will be 02/26/2022 at McKinney Falls State Park. Stephanie K. has developed and is in charge of the walk. A worker’s walk took place 02/12/2022. She reviewed the walk routes of 6km and 10km. There is one checkpoint. She emphasized that a reservation to enter the Park is highly recommended as Covid-19 rules restricts capacity in the Park. A volunteer work sheet was passed around for those who wish to help staff the walk.
3. A CRW sponsored walk event will be held in Bastrop on 04/30/2022. The start point will be the City library, where there is parking. Restrooms are located at Fisherman’s Park nearby.
4. Stephanie K. re-analyzed the number of hits to the CRW web-site. The average over the past two years was 198 visitors per month with 838 web pages viewed per month.
1. An organization, Best Buddies, located in Westlake, contacted Carol O. seeking volunteers to help disabled individuals with activities. Anyone who would like to participate in this endeavor, please let Carol O. know.
2. On 4/23/2022, Round Rock is having an event at Old Settlers Park to showcase community activities. Anyone who would like to volunteer and set up a booth to promote CRW, please contact Carol O.
3. A lifetime member of CRW, Kay Taebel, passed away on 02/04/2022. Due to illness, she was unable to participate in walks for a number of years.
4. AVA has designated April 1 -7, 2022, as National Walk Week. If anyone would like to sponsor a walk of one of CRW’s YRE’s during this week, please let Carol O. know.
5. Colin Johnson, a longtime CRW member, has notified Carol O. that he is no longer able to participate in any of CRW activities. For a long time, Colin was a volunteer at the Georgetown Visitor Center and maintained the CRW YRE Walk Box at that location. Thank you, Colin, for the many years of help.
6. The TVA meeting scheduled in February 2022, was canceled due to weather. One of the agenda items taken care of by e-mail was selection of walk event dates for each club in the Central Texas area for the next year. Carol O. submitted the following dates: 03/04/2023, 04/29/2023, 09/23/2023, and 11/18/2023.
7. Three individuals recently joined CRW as lifetime members Shirley S., Michael H, and Karen J. Welcome! We look forward to walking with you.
8. Upcoming CRW walk events in 2022 need leaders to develop the walks. If you are interested, please let Carol O. know.
The Meeting adjourned at 7:15 pm.
Mary Zeitler, Secretary