Colorado River Walkers
CALL TO ORDER: Carol O., president, called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm at Central Market patio area. There were 10 members present
MINUTES: The 10/11/2021 meeting minutes were previously sent by e-mail and not read. A paper copy was provided to those present. The minutes were approved as sent.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Sam H. e-mailed a report of a total of $3,074.69 in the checking account at this time. A thank-you note was received from AVA headquarters thanking CRW for their $250 donation to the Big Give.
YRE REPORT: October
Austin Historical – 1w
Lady Bird Lake – 2w
Fairview Park – 1w
Georgetown – 7w
Belton – 9w
Brushy Creek – 0w/0bike
Pflugerville – 4w
Round Rock – 4w
Salado – 6w
Total = 34w, 4 coupons x $3 +$2 donation = $92
1. Deb P. had a major mishap at the Waring walk. She will be unable to participate in the TVA weekend of walks. Carol O. will take charge of the YRE in Georgetown in her stead.
2. No one expressed interest in developing the OptOut walk to be held 11/26/2021, the day after Thanksgiving.
No further action was taken at this time.
3. Carol O. contacted other clubs regarding their implementation of Traveling Guided Walks. This topic will be further addressed in 2022.
4. The TVA meeting will be held at the Canyon of the Eagles near Burnet on 11/13/2021. Stephanie has been coordinating with David R regarding CRWs participation in the event. The worker’s walk scheduled for 11/03/2021 was cancelled due to inclement weather. The volunteer workers schedule was passed around. Mary D. and Charles R. did a trial walk on 11/6/2021. Charles reported the routes are beautiful, were well marked with easy to follow directions and maps. He found a few areas that needed additional marking. He communicated his findings and adjustments were made on the directions to clarify these areas. Carol O. discussed the 6km and 11km routes in detail to familiarize volunteers with the start/finish point, check point, routes and parking.
1. Stephanie K. reported on the usage of CRW website as follows: Sept. – 1005 unique hits, Oct, 1811 unique visits, and 11-1045 unique visits.
2. A new AVA club has been established in Kyle by the Central Texas AMVETS Post115. Susan M., AVA VP took care of all the paper work involved in starting the club. Carol O. talked with club officers regarding putting on walks and other day-to-days issues.
The meeting adjourned at 7:00 pm.
Mary Z., Secretary