The photo above shows Mary Z., our club’s Recording Secretary, in the Discovery Well Cave Preserve in Cedar Park last week during a workers’ walk. Mary writes the meeting minutes for our club meetings, and we appreciate her! The minutes for the April meeting are below.
Colorado River Walkers
CALL TO ORDER: Carol O., president, called the meeting to order at 6:05 pm at Eilers Park. There were 9 members present.
MINUTES: The 03/07/2021 meeting minutes were read and accepted.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Sam H. e-mailed a report of a total of $3,934.69 in the checking account at this time.
YRE REPORT: March 2021
- Austin Historical – 9w
- Lady Bird Lake – 2w
- Fairview Park – 0w
- Georgetown – 1w
- Belton – 0w
- Brushy Creek – 0w/0bike
- Pflugerville – 1w
- Round Rock – 4w
- Salado – 4w
Total = 21w x $3 +$1 donation = $64
1. Deb P. volunteered to become the POC for the YREs in Georgetown, Salado, and Belton. Thank you, Deb!
2. An AVA Zoom meeting will be held 4/21/2021. Sign up on the AVA website if you would like to participate. Topics to be addressed include successes and partnerships with this month’s National Walking Week, Special Programs for 2022, and details regarding the National Conference in Wisconsin.
3. This year’s Caminada de Fiesta 2021 in San Antonio has been cancelled; however, the affiliated walk will still take place this weekend on 4/17/2021. See the AVA website for details.
4. In the upcoming weeks, Carol O. hopes to have more walks to explore new places for future walk events.
Some possibilities include Taylor, Bastrop, and Hornsby Bend
1. National Walking Week was held 4/1-7/2021. CRW held three walks during this time:
a. Salado YRE on 4/3 led by Charles R. – 9 participants,
b. Georgetown YRE on 4/5 led by Carol O.- 5 participants,
c. Round Rock YRE on 4/7 led by Mary Z. – 14 participants
2. In the event that Carol O. does not go to the National Convention, Terry Sullivan has agreed to act as the CRW delegate. Deb P. is also going and can serve as delegate, if needed.
3. CRW’s upcoming walk event, Texas Caves Walk, is on 4/24/2021. Directions and maps have been finalized, volunteer assignments made. There will be two guided walks at 9am and 10am. A discussion took place regarding the logistics so that the walk will run smoothly.
The meeting adjourned at 7:30 pm.
Mary Z., Secretary