Colorado River Walkers
CALL TO ORDER: Carol O., president, called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm at Balcones District Park. There were 11 members present.
MINUTES: The 09/14/2020 meeting minutes previously sent by email to each member were not read. Two corrections were made and the minutes were approved.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Sam H. reported a total of $3,350.73 in the checking account as of 9/30/2020.
YRE REPORT: September 2020
- Austin Historical – 1w
- Lady Bird Lake – 1w
- Fairview Park – 1w
- Georgetown – 2w
- Belton – 0w
- Brushy Creek – 9w, 8 bike
- Pflugerville – 0w
- Round Rock – 0w
- Salado – 0w
Total = 22w/ x $3 = $66
1. Stephanie K., POC for the walk held 09/26/2020 at Moya Park, thanked all the volunteers who helped make the walk a success. The weather was picture perfect and everyone enjoyed the 5km and 10km routes. At the finish, participants were offered a beautiful decorative plate donated by Juan Marroquin that he collected on his many walks in Germany. Les S. volunteered to send a thank-you note to Juan for his donation. There were 72 participants at the walk with $13 in donations.
2. It was recently learned that a past long-time CRW member, Jo Trautmann, passed away in 5/2019. This information will be sent to TVA to be entered in the Remembrance Book that is displayed at the Memorial Walk held each Dec.31st. Information regarding other members who passed away this year, Mary Helen Quinn, and Ursula Brinkmann, will also be sent to be included in the Book.
3. The Big Give was a huge success this year with $103,760 raised. A lucky CRW donor, Linda Dennis, was chosen to receive a special gift of a 2021 Starting Point Book or an AVA T-shirt as a special thanks. Congratulations, Linda.
4. The next CRW walk on 11/14/2020 will be held in Georgetown on the Randy Morrow Trail. Carol O. will be the POC. Completed flyers were provided each member present and others will be taken to San Antonio for further distribution. Carol O. passed out and explained maps of the out- and- back routes that vary in lengths from 5km to 18km. The start point will be in the park across the street from Bob’s Catfish N More. A worker’s walk will be scheduled before the walk with email notification for those who would like to attend.
1. A number of leadership positions are in need of a volunteer for the upcoming two years.
- AVA Treasurer
- Southwest Regional Director
- Deputy Southwest Regional Director
- TVA President
If you would like to volunteer to fill one of the positions, please contact AVA/TVA for further direction.
2. Anyone walking one the CRW YREs, please be on the lookout for new Special Programs that start 1/1/2021 so that they can be added to the walk directions. The programs are:
- Great Lakes – anything with the name “Great Lake” or the name of any of the great lakes.
- Veteran’s Memorial – route that goes by a veteran’s memorial.
3. If you walk one of CRW’s YREs and notice an error on the directions, a route that is now blocked by construction, etc, please notify Carol O.
4. If you would like to lead a group walk on any day of the week, please let Carol O. know and she will send out an email regarding the specifics.
5. The location of the November and December meetings was discussed, but no decision was made.
Mary Zeitler, Secretary