A group of Colorado River Walkers enjoyed the Exploratory Walk in Round Rock last Saturday, July 25th. They walked in Old Settlers Park, and then a smaller group checked out the historical buildings maintained by the Old Settlers Association of Williamson County, Texas.
The photo above shows CRW members heading out on their morning walk in Old Settlers Park.
Below is another picture of the group near the start.
They came across this statue in the park. In the picture below, Larry is looking at it, with Carol on the right. Mary is in the background on the trail with her sweet dog.
After walking in the park, a few members of the group toured the grounds of the Old Settlers Association of Williamson County, which is located within Old Settlers Park, just off of East Palm Valley Boulevard.
Below is a picture of the Fire House Museum.
The association has historic buildings and farm equipment on the site, and they also keep some farm animals on the grounds. Below is Mary by some tractors, and below that is Doug visiting with the goats.
The site has several historic log cabins that were built by pioneers in the area and later moved here for preservation.
Below are a few views of the historic Mather cabin from the Gabriel Mills area. It was built in the early 1850’s from squared logs and hand cut limestone.
Thank you, Doug and Carol, for sending the pictures! It looks like there was a lot to see!