Colorado River Walkers
May 11, 2020
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting and CRW annual picnic was called to order by President, Carol O. at 5:45 pm at Patterson Park. Fourteen members were present. We maintained the City/State requirements for Covid-19.
MINUTES: The 3/9/2020 meeting minutes were previously emailed to all members and were not read at the meeting. A needed correction to the March 2020 YRE report regarding the donation amount was noted. There was no meeting in 4/20 due to Covid-19.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Sam H. reported a total of $3,739.00 in the CRW bank account as of 4/30/2020.
YRE REPORT: There was no YRE report for April, 2020. No YRE walks were completed per direction of AVA because of Covid-19.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Barbara Byers announced that she will be moving back to her home State of Washington at the end of May. She has been an active member of CRW for the past 6 years and will be greatly missed. We wish her the best of luck with her move.
1. The walk event at Richard Moya Park on 04/25/2020 was cancelled on direction of AVA due to Covid-19. It is rescheduled for 09/26/2020, CRW’s next scheduled walk date.
2. The subsequent walk event date is 11/14/2020. It will either be in Round Rock or Georgetown in conjunction with the Nov. TVA meeting. CRW will be responsible for a walk event on 11/14/2020, and manning existing YREs on 11/13/2020 and 11/15/2020.
3. Doug E. agreed to develop a “Caves” walk on 4/24/2021.
4. Stephanie K. continues to do a great job in keeping our website updated with new and interesting information. If anyone has pictures from or articles about walks you have taken recently, please send this information to Stephanie.
5. Terry S. is in charge of our Face Book page. Check it out for new pictures and postings.
1. CRW will sponsor a “Sunrise Walk” on July 20, 2020, if Covid-19 restrictions have been lifted. One or more of CRW’s existing YREs will be featured.
2. Per the bylaws, there will not be a meeting in June. A group walk may be scheduled if Covid-19 restrictions have been lifted.
3. Larry J. presented the slate of officers for the coming year. All officers will retain their respective positions with the exception of Secretary. Mary Z. with backup by Kathy S. agreed to fill this position.
A motion was made, seconded, and unanimously approved in this regard.
Charles R. – 200 events, 250 events, and 2000 kilometers
Debra G. – 400 events
Greg S. – 1450 Kilometers
The meeting adjourned at 6:45 pm
Mary Zeitler, Secretary