Colorado River Walkers
January 13, 2020
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order by Vice President, Doug E in the absence of Carol O at 6:37pm at Lubys on Steck, 13 members present. Doug turned meeting over to Mary Z as Carol O sent her the agenda to present.
MINUTES: The December 2019 meeting minutes were read by Barb B and approved.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Sam H. reported a total of $3,676.99 in the CRW checking account as of 12/31/2019.
YRE REPORT: December 2019
Austin Historical – 3w
Lady Bird Lake – 4w
Fairview – 5w
Georgetown – 17w
Brushy Creek – 2w, 0 bike
Pflugerville – 19w
Round Rock – 4w
Salado – 2w
Belton – 1w
Total = $171w & $4 donation. Total $175.00
1. Five CRW members walked the YRE in Salado Jan 11th. Main Street of Salado is under construction as the bridge is out. The route can still be walked but you cannot drive to the start point at the South end of town unless you go to the west side of I35 and loop around by the Stagecoach Inn.
2. Carol changed all the stamps over to 2020 on New Years Day.
3. CRW event walk is on Feb 15th. The Rathgeber Village flyers were printed in time for the events over New Year’s in Fredericksburg. The preliminary walk on Dec 27th had 6 walkers. Watch your email for notification of another workers walk before the event Feb. 15th.
1. Stephanie K. is to be the POC for the next CRW sponsored walk on 4/25/2020 at Richard Moya Park on Burleson. She is going to rent the small pavilions for $40 for the event. Stephanie is going to plot the walk and Barb B offered to help her.
2. The Texas Trail Roundup is Feb 21th to 23rd. Doug will be the medic on call and will be biking the event. Carol O had volunteered to man one of the check points.
3. Tater Tours will be bringing people to San Antonio for the Roundup. They also plan to do the Capital Walk and Lady Bird Lake YRES. Another group from Europe and one from the Midwest may also be doing some of our YRES after the roundup. Let Carol O know if you would like to help with the registration/start point.
4. Stephanie has been working on new business cards for CRW. She passed around samples of cards for suggestions. Consensus was very positive from the members.
The meeting adjourned at 7:10 pm.
Barbara B., Secretary
UP coming Events:
January 25 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm – Medina River Natural Area, 15890 TX-16 San Antonio, TX 78264
February 1 @ 8:00 am – 11:00 am – Crownridge Canyon Natural Area, 7222 Luskey Blvd San Antonio, TX 78256
February 8 @ 8 am to 12 pm – Del Webb Chocolate Walk, Del Webb Hill Country Resort Center, San Antonio, Texas
February 15 @ 8:00 am – 11:00 am – Bartholomew Park, 5201 Berkman Dr. Austin, TX 78723
February 21 @ 6:30 am – February 23 @ 4:00 pm – Holiday Inn – San Antonio Downtown, 318 West César E. Chávez Blvd
February 29 @ 8:30 am to 11:30 am – Mrs Lee’s Daffodil Garden, Gladewater, Texas