The photo above was taken at the close of the December 2019 meeting. It is provided courtesy of Charles Rogers.
Colorado River Walkers
December 9, 2019
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order by President, Carol O. at 7:35 pm following a delicious potluck dinner at the cozy Christmas cottage of Kathy and Les Stratemann – many thanks to Kathy and Les! Fifteen members were present.
MINUTES: The 11/11/2019 meeting minutes were previously emailed to all members and were not read at the meeting.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Sam H. reported a total of $3,690.88 in the CRW checking account as of 11/30/2019.
- Austin Historical – 4w
- Lady Bird Lake – 2w
- Fairview – 3w
- Georgetown – 6w
- Brushy Creek – 2w, 0 bike
- Pflugerville – 1w
- Round Rock – 14w
- Salado – 2w
- Belton – 3w
Total = 37w & $2 donation. Total $113.00
ANNOUNCEMENT: It is with sadness to announce the death of long time CRW member, John Burttschell. He supported CRW and participated in many walks throughout the years.
1. Seven CRW members participated in the OptOutsidewalk in Georgetown the day after Thanksgiving, 11/29/2019.
2. Eight CRW members attended the unsanctioned volksmarch in Lakeway, 11/16/2019.
1. The next CRW sponsored walk is scheduled for 2/15/2020. It will tentatively be at Rathgeber Village near the Mueller development.
2, Stephanie K. is looking into a CRW sponsored walk on 4/25/2020.
3. The next two CRW meetings, 1/13/2020 and 2/10/2020, will be at Luby’s on Steck.
4. Let Carol O. know if you would like to lead a group walk and she will send out an email notice.
The meeting adjourned at 7:40 pm followed by a “white elephant” gift exchange.
Mary Z., for Barbara B., Secretary
Nelli Aguirre – 50 events
Elaine Barber – 475 events
Terry Sullivan -800 events
David Rogers – 1400 events