Colorado River Walkers
November 11, 2019
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order by President, Carol O. at 6:35 pm at the Mueller HEB meeting room. Nine members were present.
MINUTES: The Oct. 14th meeting minutes were read by Barb B. and approved with one correction: Date of YRE Report.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Sam H. reported a total of $3,381.63 in checking end of Oct.
- Austin Historical – 10w
- Lady Bird Lake – 6w
- Fairview – 4w
- Georgetown – 1w
- Brushy Creek – 2w, 2 bikers
- Pflugerville – 1w
- Round Rock – 1w
- Salado – 3w
- Belton – 3w
Total Walkers and Bikes: 33, 4 awards for $8.00/ $1.00 Donation Total $108.00
1. Report from the event on Nov. 9th: 69 walkers, $73 Donations. Debbie donated $50 and Larry donated Tacos and Donuts. Many thanks to Larry and Debbie.
2. The contact person planning to have a Volkssport walk in Lakeway, encourages us to attend. It is anytime from 12 to 4pm on Nov 16th. Carol plans to attend even though it will not be a sanctioned Volkssport walk. More information in an attachment sent to you on Nov. 11.
3. CRW Website and a Facebook pages are on line now. Carol is looking into nominating the Website at the next AVA Convention as a way to give special thanks for Stephanie for all the hard work. Discussion of sites.
4. CRW will host the Optoutside Walk, Friday after Thanksgiving, at Georgetown YRE starting 1pm. Option for early dinner after the walk and to see the lighting in the square.
5. Reminder our next meeting will be Dec. 9th at Kathy and Les’s home starting at 5:30 or whenever you can get there. Bring a potluck item to share for dinner and an item ($10 price range) for the White Elephant Gift Exchange. We will have a short business meeting as well.
6. Two members attended the memorial for Paula Wiesner. Carol reported it was very well done.
1. The next event for CRW is to be Feb 15th. Carol presented some ideas and locations trying to include the new special programs for 2020. Discussion followed. No decision was made and no one has yet volunteered to help with an event walk.
2. The IML event held in San Antonio is the week following our proposed event Feb. 15th. Usually there is a request for CRW members to help. Doug has been contacted to help on his bike.
3. The Checkpoint has been emailed to all members by Carol on Nov 11th with a link to the new logo for AVA. Please read the Checkpoint as there is a lot of good information. There is a photo of CRW members at the Georgetown Optoutside walk from last year.
4. This weekend is the Old Spanish Trail Event in San Antonio.
5. Anyone is welcome to lead a CRW YRE as a group walk. Carol will send out an email with the details for you. This is especially good when the Sanctioned walk is some distance away.
6. Doug reported that he is very happy to have the New Year’s walks back in Fredericksburg for this year.
The meeting adjourned at 8 pm.
Barbara B., Secretary
Nov 16th 8 to 11 am at Samuell Grand Park – Dallas Tx
Nov 17th 9:30 to 10:30 Historic Goliad County – Goliad Tx Note: Rare Sunday walk as YRE to be discontinued at end of this year.
Nov 23rd 8 to 11 am Japanese Tea Garden – San Antonio
Nov 30th 9 to 11 am Christmas in Comfort
Dec 7th 1 to 5 pm Johnson City “Lights Spectacular”
Dec 14th 7:30 am to 12 pm Boerne Christmas Walk